Friday, January 28, 2011

3 Year Anniversary - I ♥ Book Club

Three years ago my friend Lisa and I talked about starting a book club...

Honestly, I hadn't read for fun since high school, and I wanted to start reading again. Lisa has always been a reader, so it she was "in" from the beginning... I can't remember who brought it up first, but we chatted about it for a long time before we tried to make it happen.

I went through my email account tonight, looking for our first emails. The first email was sent on Halloween in 2007... inviting five girls to join, asking them to invite more friends, selecting our first couple books and laying out ground rules for hosting and scheduling. Our first book was "The Abstinence Teacher" - not our favorite, but most of us read it!

It all began with Diane, Lisa, Becky, Jenni, Sarah and I... and last night we found ourselves THREE years later, sitting around reminiscing about when it all began. We are still meeting monthly, and still pushing the legal limits on volume. We are a constantly growing and changing group... usually around 15 girls on the email list. Conversation has changed a bit over the years as we have become career women, wives, homeowners and mommies... but we are still loud and occasionally obscene... and, I think we could read and not read together forever.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you said "We could read, or not read, together forever." I completely agree! It has come to be such a special time every month! I LOVE book club!!!!! Even though the fantastic and crazy loud conversation leaves me hoarse the next day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE BOOK CLUB!!! I will try and be there every time in 2011!

    ReplyDelete