Monday, October 8, 2012

gone girl

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Just another masterpiece by Ms. Depraved herself. My book club LOVES this author. This book is really messed up, in a good way. Not like Fifty Shades messed up (I had to quit that shit - they were making domestic violence erotic, and that's not really my style). More like Girl With the Dragon Tatoo messed up - but you don't have to wait 200 pages to care. If you liked this book, I would suggest reading her other two novels. I still haven't read Dark Places, but Sharp Objects was an awesome thriller with a twist we still talk about. Either way, this book kept me guessing until the very end. With each twist, I was more surprised. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. Even just as I finished the book, I had to go back and read the last pages a couple more times because I was so stunned.

Other books on my hold list at the library are Most Talkative by Andy Cohen (Andy Cohen's got the 411, king king of midnight fun) and Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling (love her humor). Next month the book club is starting the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth. Anyone read any of these yet?

2 comments:

  1. YEAH for Gone Girl. Reading it next month. AND so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um all of Gillian's books = amazeballs. Also LOVED Andy Cohen's book. And I've read the preview of Mindy's can't wait to read the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete