Friday, January 21, 2011

Change & Challenges

Those of you who read the blog know about some of the challenges that 2010 brought to my family, and those of you who are close friends know even more. Many times I have thought to myself "this is it for a while, it has to be." While I wish I could verify this as truth, it simply is not. Much change and many challenges have been laid on me and my family in the last three years, with far too many happening in the last six months. If you ask me about it, I will probably laugh hysterically, because that is what I do - I laugh inappropriately. I also close off - and winter aids to this.

While this phase of my life is bringing excitement and great joy (marrying John in 253 days!), it is also teaching me many lessons.

In August I wrote a post talking about counting my blessings. It was a post about a particularly hard week. In the last line I said that I hoped if I sent up enough thanks, I would receive more blessings... basically I just meant that if I could keep focused on the good during the bad, the bad would soon pass... and it is annoying that it hasn't. I am not saying that I think there is some sort of plan in place that is showering us with all this crap, I just want it to stop. This time I am not writing it all flowery. I just want some peace for my family for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment