Wednesday, January 27, 2010

on the brink

I am on the brink! I weigh 1X0.02 pounds. I will not reveal what X equals... but, you understand the jist. Even though I didn't plan to post until I reached my 10 pound mark, I was very excited this morning to see that I am moving into 10 new digits. Each step of the way matters, I guess.

My office is full of runners. For years, I thought it was such a funny pastime to have... hard work, time consuming, etc. Then, I started realizing how fascinating it was. The focus, the endurance, the mental strength - it is so impressive.

I started thinking about ME running a while back. Now, believe me, this is ridiculous that I am even thinking about it. I was typically the last person to finish the mile in school, and I was never involved in a sport in my entire life. Not even kiddy soccer or rec softball - NOTHING. I did "play" soccer during recess in Fifth Grade, but that is because I was crushing on all the boys. Eventually our parents were talked to, and we were not allowed to "play" soccer anymore. (on a side note, I am pretty sure the boys didn't care that we wanted to flirt through recess)

So, a friend is making me a plan, and I hope to do a 5k this Spring. I am making NO promises, but I figure this is all pretty mental. I mean, seriously, have you seen The Biggest Loser? These people are way more out of shape than me! So, if they can do it, can't I? I think focus and desire will be key... as well as a good mix on my Ipod. And, my friend is going to make this attempt with me (a friend who is starting all the way at the beginning, like me).

Who knows what will happen... but, I appreciate any advice and support!

4 comments:

  1. YEAH Paige. I got tricked into running for a bit at the end of 09. I'm back into misc. working out bc it holds my attention better. However, I did Hal Higdon's novice 5K training (http://www.halhigdon.com/5K%20Training/index.htm), and I really enjoyed marking off the different runs! I ate too many cookies to compensate for the miles though and didn't lose any weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love running! I'm glad you are getting into it. Hal is who I always use--but it never helps me to lose weight. You have to do other stuff too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paige, you can do it! I was never a runner and then I got it into my head that I was going to do a half marathon. I couldn't even run a half mile when I started. So I just did what I could and slowly I got there. A 5k is a great goal, you'll do it!

    (It makes you really really hungry though. So prepare with healthy proteiny snacks.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mean you're finally going from the 130's to the 120's! You're so svelte. :)

    Good luck w/ the running. I think it's hard.

    ReplyDelete