Friday, May 10, 2013

true story: endless impossibilities

I have a nose ring.
My mom took me to get it over Mom's weekend during college.
It hurt really bad, but I was one of the first of my friends to have one.
Within two years, pretty much everyone got one.
Or an eyebrow ring.
I am glad I went with the nose ring, since my sister's eyebrow is pretty jacked-up.

Anyway, when I started working here the personnel manual said no facial piercings,
so I decided to keep it until someone said something.
No one ever did.
So, I have loved it for almost a decade..

Yesterday, my co-worker asked me when I got my nose ring.
I said, ten years ago.
He asked me if I wear it much.
I said, every day. For ten years.
I laughed and tried to make him feel less uncomfortable...
... 'til he said that he might have always thought it was a whitehead.
Yep.
True story.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment