Tuesday, November 27, 2012

week 16 - a weight loss check up

So... I took six weeks off from my weight loss blogging. Did you miss it? haha.

I wanted to check in today, because I want to continue to hold myself accountable. I worked very hard in those 10 weeks to lose weight and I don't want to go back. I want to move forward and continue losing - even with holidays approaching! This morning, I am currently at 8.9 pounds down.

Yes, I know that is four pounds gained back, but honestly this is one of my heavier mornings - and just days after Thanksgiving! Most mornings I have been around 10 pounds down. I am stunned that with no calorie counting, I have been able to maintain the weight loss (for the most part). The secret? I think I am more aware, in general, about what I eat and what it means to my body. Also, I haven't stopped working out. I have gone from seven days a week to probably three or four, but I didn't stop.

Some advice and findings:
  • I used LoseIt to lose the weight. It is an app, but it can also be accessed online. I think using something like this is perfect because it makes you aware of every single thing you put in your body. This app made calorie counting a breeze. The barcode scanner made it easy and fast.
  • Plateaus are to be expected. Keep at it and switch things up. The pounds will continue to fall off.
  • Working out feels GOOD. I feel stronger and more stable after a good work out. With the stresses in my life, it is often a welcome solace in my day - helping me relax and sleep better too.
  • Increased water consumption turned out to be a big help. Not only did the increase curb some of my hunger, but it helped me out of my worst plateau. Many recommend drinking half your weight in ounces - and I read you should increase it by 50% during weight loss. I got a 24 ounce bottle that has notches on the side to calculate how many bottles you have drank. I tried to drink five each day. (Yes, you will pee a lot.) (Yes, you can also figure out my weight now, if you are a smarty pants.)
  • Do not report to yourself (or the public) on Mondays. Worst idea ever, Paige. No matter how hard I worked all week, Monday always seemed to be the worst number because of the weekend. I would suggest Thursdays.
  • Get a nice, new scale BEFORE you begin. Not in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment