Monday, October 1, 2012

week eight: ten pounds & one year

Today's a wonderful day for a couple reasons. I am happy to report that I finally hit ten pounds last week, which felt really great. Today I am officially 10.1 pounds down. Still a couple weeks behind where I need to be, but nevertheless good news.

Also, today marks my one year wedding anniversary. And what a wild year it has been! The truth is, our year was very challenging, but not the way people would expect. Everyone tells you the first year is the hardest - but, it wasn't our marriage that made this year hard - it was the crap ton of health issues that affected us, our family, and our friends. Thank goodness for John, actually. The year would have been a lot harder alone. I am glad to have a partner in all this, and I am glad it is John. Last night we talked about how fun our wedding was and then about the challenges of the year. We prayed together that our second year would look different.

We had a great weekend - we saw Ben Folds Five on Friday, walked around Loose Park and the Liberty Memorial on Saturday, went to our favorite Japanese steakhouse, and saw a movie. Happy Anniversary to us.
 

2 comments:

  1. ahhh YAY! Happy Anniversary love birds :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Paige! You're doing awesome! And Happy Anniversary to both of you!

    ReplyDelete