Friday, October 19, 2012

healthy and happy

Pseudotumor cerebri: (SOO-doh-too-mur SER-uh-bry) occurs when the pressure inside your skull (intracranial pressure) increases for no obvious reason. Symptoms mimic those of a brain tumor, but no tumor is present. Pseudotumor cerebri can occur in children and adults, but it's most common in obese women of childbearing age. The increased intracranial pressure associated with pseudotumor cerebri can cause swelling of the optic nerve and many have pulsatile tinnitus, a whooshing sensation in one or both ears. It is often reversible.
And, reversible it is!! Yesterday I received a clean bill of health from my neurologist. Thanks to everyone who followed my weight loss and health journey over the last ten weeks. Doc says my optic nerve looks sharp and there is no longer any signs of intracranial pressure. (My daily headaches and "whooshing ears" have also stopped.)

The last ten weeks have been very challenging, but writing here kept me accountable and made me feel a sense of community. To all those who supported me throughtout this - thank you. (Especially anyone who had to eat with me in the last 10 weeks!)

My instructions are to keep the weight off and get my eyes checked once a year.

4 comments:

  1. Yay!! Wonderful news Paige!! Just in time for a certain bambinos arrival!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear that you have a clean bill of health...AND after seeing you yesterday, you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete