Friday, December 18, 2009

facebook hurt my feelings

Facebook can be your best friend... connecting you to people you don't see on a regular basis, sharing information and photos with people instantly, and friendly stalking on occasion. It can make you feel loved each time you are tagged in a photo or a friend leaves a comment about your favorite inside joke. And, facebook can remind you of the people who made you who you are today. It is like a walk through memory lane each time you log-in, as well as a recap from the night before. It should have been called Bragbook, because we all love to share our successes with our extensive network of old and new friends... all in all, it is one of my favorite sites to visit, and I choose to visit daily.

But, Facebook can also hurt. Facebook was how I figured out I was being cheated on three years ago. Facebook lets you see pictures from the night you weren't invited. Facebook shows you how old friends and old loves have moved on. Yesterday was a reminder that some things and people are best left in the past... and feeling left out hurts at any age.

It is a love, hate relationship that I refuse to give up. But, every once in a while, Facebook hurts my feelings.

2 comments:

  1. Well said, friend! That is definitely true, facebook can be your best friend and your enemy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all caught up on your blog. Love it!

    ReplyDelete