Monday, February 25, 2013

snow joke!

Well, the snow came as furiously as my bff Gary predicted, and I watched more snow fall than I can remember. A couple years ago we had two bad winters, back to back, but that was mostly because it snowed often and kept piling up. This was crazy. It was clear at 6am, and then I was measuring 11 inches by noon. Raleigh was loving the snow in the morning and then needed me to dig a path for her by lunch. Now, we are preparing for another round! Cheers to this crazy winter. I love this picture because you can see how deep it was on the driveway. I moved a crap ton of snow that day.


On another note, I got pretty upset last Thursday when I kept hearing newscasters saying the same thing over and over, "If you don't have the right car, stay home" - "If you aren't in an emergency, stay home" - "If you don't need to be on the roads, stay home." Well, duh. Don't they realize we're in a recession? These people aren't out on the roads for fun - they were trying to get to work, under an employer that cares more about a bottom line than their safety.

Thousands of motorists were trying to keep their jobs. If they weren't required to go in, I am sure they would have rather been home, snuggled and safe, with their families. John's job offered pizza as a condolence... and then they ran out while John was in line. wah wah. Hopefully they are more understanding tonight and tomorrow. We'll see. Stay safe, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for referring to Gary as your BFF. However, I think he is my BFF so we may need to have a friend-off. Now, if only his blog wouldn't crash all the time.

    ReplyDelete