Monday, September 10, 2012

week five: thirteen long days


I have been working out. A lot.
I exercised every single day last week, and I kept my net calories under each day.
I didn't get to eat most of the food at my sister's baby shower, even thought I made it all.
And, I attended a family reunion pot luck yesterday (with lots of desserts).
I started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.
I used the stationary bike, and I made myself pick the harder levels.
I took the dog for long walks, and even tried little 30 second running spurts.
I worked off more calories last week than the first and third week combined.
But, I am up .2 pounds from my last check in.
As of this morning I am down 6 pounds.
There was a day last week when I was down SEVEN, but today is the offical weigh in...
and by this Thursday I am supposed to be down TEN.
I have been stuck fluctuating around the same weight for 13 days.
Thirteen awful days of the same thing.
I would like to blame it on the new fancy scale,
but I don't want to be full of excuses.
 
Any knowlege about the extended plateau?
Advise a girl.

2 comments:

  1. Hitting a plateau can be so frustrating...especially when you're busting your butt (and I know you are)! I'm definitely not an expert...but my advice would be to try to change up your exercise routine as much as possible. Your muscles get used to doing the same thing, which can affect weight loss. Changing your exercise routine can get your body's fat-burning gears revved up and moving once again.

    I recently (in the very private privacy of my basement) rediscovered dancing. What a workout! Download some great upbeat tunes and rock out your hardest to them. It's fun and burns mega-calories.

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the great advise and support, Becky! You've been a great cheerleader for me! I don't know where to dance in private, but I really like this idea.

      Delete