Tuesday, August 7, 2012

50 in 1,001

AHHHH! I just happened to look at my 101 in 1,001 list today, to see if I have really done any of it... only to find that I was supposed to have finished all of my 1,001 things by TOMORROW.

I have technically completed 50, but I am happy with what I did. Honestly, I would write a totally different list now, but it is fun to look back on what I thought were interesting life things to do.

I have never made curry, but that's mostly because John doesn't like it. I have had plently of lovely curry dinners with my family. I never walked my dog before work, because I am not a morning person. I was too optimistic about that.

I haven't written any poems, or finished knitting John a scarf, or got Xmas cards out each year... but, who cares? I didn't see a musical at the Music Hall, but I am seeing Aida at the new Kauffman Center tonight - and that's even more fun!

I didn't take more cooking classes with my Nani, but she did take me to an "Arthritis and You: The Herbal Answer" class within two weeks of my diagnosis this spring!

I haven't seen more countries. That's a real bummer.

I wasn't a bridesmaid since I made this list, but I sang in some weddings! I am not yet a mom, but that was a long shot anyway. I thought I might want to buy a new car, but I am happy to be driving the same one! I paid off that car and a number of debts, and I am okay with the ones that are left.

Overall, it was 1,001 days of a LOT of growing up and a lot of change. And, I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment