Thursday, March 29, 2012

preservation of religion... I call bull shit.

The "Kansas Preservation of Religious Freedom Act." Sounds nice, right? I am a religious person, so at first glance you think it's about preserving religion. Nope. Just another horrible atrocity under the rule of Sam Brownback. This man is sick.

Bascially this law allows people to OPT OUT of anti-discriminatory laws. Eh? Say WHAT? Religious people WANT to discriminate? DESIRE to discriminate? I have said it before and I will say it again --- these crazies are hijacking Christianity. I am sure Jesus would not be backing up crazy Sam on this one. Do these people not realize this is the same kind of thinking that leads to extremist religious politics and governments? While I want the right to believe what I want to believe, I do not believe that my religion should trump law or trump someone else's human rights.

"Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." Luke 12:7 --- But what if I am not like you? Do I still count? Am I still worthy?  (When is Sam gonna have the awkward moment where he realizes this is exactly what Jesus told us not to do? awkward, indeed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment