Thursday, December 30, 2010

goin' to the cheap chapel

Well, this has not been my most productive holiday break yet... but, I am trying! While my house might be in shambles... I do feel like I have gotten quite a bit done for the wedding.

This month, we chose our wedding reception site, church and hired a DJ. Then, I decided to take a mental break from wedding planning over the holidays.... but, tonight I got excited again! My friend Ruth suggested I create a vision board so I can always "look" at what I am planning - great idea. I am cutting and pasting into a notebook, but I already am enjoying "seeing" my wedding. I just need to keep putting feelers out for affordable venders, DIY projects and areas I can cut costs.... like, do I have to have boutonnieres? do people really love favors? I think people might like more food at the reception than chapstick with my picture and wedding date printed on it. Can't I just wear flip flops? :) And don't get me started on the cost of having your wedding in a church....

Dear God, don't let me become some wedding-centered bride-zombie. Thanks, paige.

5 comments:

  1. damn, I was really looking forward to my Paige & John chapstick. ah well.. I know your wedding will be beautiful and perfect no matter what! have fun and enjoy the process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can totally wear flip flops. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't have boutonnieres or favors, just not our thing and we wanted to save some money. So go ahead and do what you want, not what others think you should do! After all, it's your wedding...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want favors or I'm not coming. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think no favors is fine... don't you usually leave the favor on the table or throw it away anyway??
    Just saying.

    ReplyDelete